High on Daydreams

Saturday, September 3, 2011

I have been drifting around in my brain for about two weeks now trying to figure out what to do for my background and design layout final. The other night I was watching Star Trek  {a modern masterpiece, LENS FLARE!} and it got my mind in motion. I thought, what if I was stranded on a planet and I could build it up however I wanted? The gears began to turn and crank and grind, all the things that gears do, and this was the finished product. I don't have a name for it yet but it does have a species of people that live there. A close tribe of succubi and incubi reside here. Lazing through the day, but as the ebony sheet is pulled over the blue sky, they go out to do what they do best. And mind you, they do it on Earth, you may have seen them once or twice?
Dreamscape is what I shall name it for now. The little moon symbols are my homage to the dahling Sailor Moon.

The Dreamcatcher. This is for the Animation Club's Weekly Challenge. The challenge was to draw yourself after you had been devoured  by a symbiote{or however you become one with it}. 
These are the roughs, I actually took a break from coloring the Dreamcatcher to make this post. Hey man, coloring is intense. Remember when you were a little kid coloring in your coloring books? I used to put so much time in to choosing the right colors. The last page of my books were always full of color scribbles. I was checking the colors and seeing how they looked next to each other. My dad probably thought I was crazy. :/ Eh, maybe???

0 comments:

Post a Comment